Tomi Engineering was founded in 1977 and is a well-established Aerospace Manufacturing Company located in Santa Ana (Zip Code: 92707). With over 40 years of experience in the industry, we take pride in producing high-quality aerospace products. Currently, we have an immediate opening for an experienced Quality Control Inspector to join our team.
This is a full-time on-site role for a Quality Control Inspector / CMM programmer based in Santa Ana, California. The Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for conducting inspections throughout the manufacturing process, ensuring that products meet quality standards, and identifying areas for improvement. The Quality Control Inspector will also be responsible for communicating with team members and management regarding quality issues.
· Proficiency in using Zeiss CMM with Calypso software.
· Ability to write CMM programs from Customer supplied .stp and Catia files.
· Proficiency in writing AS9100 First Article Reports.
· Experience with integrating with Net Inspect.
· Must be authorized to work in the United States.
· Previous experience working with aerospace products strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
· Firm understanding and demonstrated use of shop math, reading, understanding, and interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, and standards.
· Ability to use all types of precision measurement instruments used in mechanical inspection.
· Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5M dimensioning tolerance.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Ability to conduct and participate in cause and corrective action investigations and prepare associated documentation.
· Must be able to interact effectively with shop personnel.
· A minimum of 5 years of previous work experience as a Quality Inspector is required.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
· Ability to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
· Capability to stretch, bend, and reach work areas.
· Occasional ability to reach, bend, stoop, lift, and move parts, tooling, or inspection equipment weighing 50 pounds or less.
· Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request to perform essential job functions.
The majority of work is performed in an office environment, subject to moderate changes in temperature.
This position requires the use of information or access to hardware subject to the international Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Therefore, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR, which includes U.S. Citizens and U.S. Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders).
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including:
· Health insurance paid at 75%, including dependents.
· Dental insurance.
· Vision insurance.
· Paid time off.
- If you meet the minimum requirements and possess the necessary experience, skills, and qualifications, we encourage you to apply for the position of Quality Control Inspector at TOMI Engineering, Inc. We value a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer.